Exhibitors Contact: Bob Yoffe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For any questions related to 2020 Auto Show displays, please contact Bob Yoffe at email@example.com.
For more information, please contact:
- John O’Donnell, Producer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Koch, Assistant Producer: email@example.com
- Bob Storin, VP/Marketing & Sponsorships: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Yoffe, Show Director: email@example.com
The Walter E. Washington Convention Center is a GBAC STAR™ accredited facility. GBAC STAR™ is an outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation. This performance-based program establishes requirements to assist facilities with work practices, protocols, procedures, and systems to control risks associated with infectious agents, such as SARS-CoV-2, the virus responsible for COVID-19. This is the “gold standard” for sanitization. For more information on GBAC STAR™ accreditation, please visit https://gbac.issa.com/gbac-star-facility-accreditation/.
In addition to achieving GBAC STAR™ accreditation, the Convention Center is currently utilizing the following additional, state-of-the-art sanitation protocols:
- The building is the first convention center in the nation to use an HVAC solution called Synexis to purify the air inside the building by using dry hydrogen peroxide which is present throughout the entire building. For more info, please click here: www.synexis.com.
- Additionally, the building recently activated a new robot that uses disinfecting ultraviolet lighting to cleanse up to 5,000 square feet at a time in less than 5 minutes. More info can be viewed on YouTube by clicking here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNjqwu12U1c
As of now, masks must be worn inside of the building at all times and all building employees (city and union workers) must be vaccinated as a condition of employment. The producers of The Washington, DC Auto Show will provide any operational or policy updates on this page and elsewhere on the site if any changes are to occur. For more information, please contact Joe Koch, Assistant Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.