INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Give to Us.
When you place an order for a ticket, product or service, we need to know the sort of information typically used for credit card transactions, such as your name, mailing and billing address, telephone number and credit card number and expiration date. We encrypt all of this information using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) technology.
Some personal information is gathered when you register to participate in or receive information via electronic mail or otherwise about: automobiles in general, your automobile, automobile insurance, general and personal automobile maintenance, general and personal finance, general and personal credit, automobile dealerships, quotes, research, statistics, advice, websites, games, contests, sweepstakes, promotional events and/or any other event that takes place on the website. During such registration, Washingtonautoshow.com may ask for information such as, without limitation, a user’s name, electronic mail address, birth date, gender, zip code and country, and other optional information that may be particular to that registration process.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Site and Services.
We collect information on website users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information provided from the registration and ticket purchasing described above, from washingtonautoshow.com’s server log files, from surveys, from cookies (see below) and from IP addresses (see below).
We may obtain information from or about you in other ways. For example, we may verify user information with information we collect from other companies. Also, you may send us correspondence, testimonials, photos, blogs, writings, customer satisfaction surveys or customer service communications.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, efficient and customized experience. We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request.
- Customize, measure and improve our sites, services and advertising.
- Use electronic mail addresses or other personally identifiable information to contact users who directly communicate with the website to, among other things, fulfill prizes, track/verify compliance with website policies as well as federal, state, and local laws and/or to solicit editorial comments and feedback. For example, notify users that they have won a game, contest or sweepstake or provide other requested information.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems.
- Tell you about our services and those of our affiliates, partners, sponsors and corporate family, celebrity appearances, contests, service updates, targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communications preferences.
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Disclose aggregate user statistics in order to describe our services to prospective parties, advertisers and third parties for other lawful purposes in order to, among other things, make better alliances and provide better user experience on the website.
- To send electronic mail about the website’s and/or other companies’ products, promotions or services, including those of partners, affiliates and sponsors of WAS. A user may choose not to provide certain information, but then the user might not be able to take advantage of many website features.
- To market or promote the website or other properties.
- To comply with applicable laws.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
- Affiliates, sponsors, partners and members of the WAS corporate family.
- Service providers under contract who help our business operations (such as credit card processing, ticket cancel and reissue or bill collections).
- Marketing partners and sponsors of WAS where you agree that you would like your information shared. We may share contact information and transaction data (excluding credit card numbers). Information shared with marketing partners and WAS sponsors is subject to their privacy policies. We do not control their privacy policies and we encourage you to review their privacy policies.
- Other third parties who you explicitly ask us to send your information.
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity or sell assets.
- Third parties when we have reason to believe that disclosure is legally required, establish or enforce our policies, establish or exercise our legal rights or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies make web-surfing easier for the user by saving the user’s preferences while the user is at the website. We never save passwords or credit card information in cookies. By showing how and when users use a website, cookies help us see which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to this website are based on such data as total number of users and pages viewed. This information is most easily tracked with cookies. We use the information from cookies to provide services better tailored to this website’s users. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent.
When you supply us with personal information, from time to time, in our discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving communication from us about promotions, celebrity appearances, contests and special offers in connection with the site. Unless you opt out to receive such communications, we may form time to time, send you marketing and other communications. We will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal information that you provide. For instance, we provide users with the option to opt out or unsubscribe on emails we send regarding celebrity appearances, promotions, special offers and contests.
Affiliates and Third Party Communications.
From time to time, in our discretion, you may be provided with the opportunity to opt-in to receive offers directly from an affiliate, partners and sponsors and/or from third parties. Unless you opt-out to accept such offers, any personal information (excluding credit card numbers) provided to us for such purposes may be shared with our affiliates, partners, sponsors and third parties to provide you with such offers. Information shared with theses entities is subject to their privacy policies.
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
This site does not knowingly collect information from children thirteen (13) years of age or younger. If you are under thirteen (13), do not send any information about yourself to this site. In the event that we discover that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided personal information, we will immediately delete the child’s personal information.
Users should be aware that when they are on any portion of the website, they can be directed to other websites and/or online material that is beyond washingtonautoshow.com’s service. These other websites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information and such sites have their own privacy policies.
The importance of privacy and security for all personally identifiable information associated with users is of the utmost concern to us. We exercise great care in providing secure transmission of users’ information and your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private. If credit card information is transmitted, we use industry standard, SSL (secure socket layer) encryption.
QUESTIONS ON PRIVACY
c/o Washington Area New Automobile Dealers Association
5301 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W., Suite 210
Washington, D.C. 20015